Let us offer you a few helpful tips on how to better prepare for a job interview:
- Before the interview try to learn as much as possible about the company and the proposed job, visit the company’s web site.
- Bring a copy of your CV with you, as well as copies of your diplomas, degree certificates and other documentation proving your qualification.
- Be ready to provide names and phone number of people who could give an oral or written reference for you, bring along a printed copy if available.
- Learn the precise location of the company and plan your traveling time so as not be late. If you happen to find yourself delayed because of an unpredictable situation, make sure to call the HR person, who has set up your appointment to warn them of your possible delay.
- Make sure to reserve enough time for the interview, so you could safely linger a bit, if becomes necessary.
- Stick to the business dress code: put on beautiful but not flashy attire. Try to learn from the HR person during the initial telephone interview of the company’s dress code policy - business formal or business casual. A formal suit with a tie (or a blouse and a skirt) would be appropriate for the former, and a sweater of formal shades would do just well for the latter. In any case your hair, clothes and shoes must be clean and neat.
- Think of a list of likely questions and be ready to answer them.
- Jot down the questions you would want to ask. The questions you pose are just as important as the answers you give.
Do not be shy, the interview is a way of you and the company getting to know each other. Be open, be inquisitive and be yourself. Whatever the outcome, be sure of what you know and what you can. Good luck!